The winner of the Earth Day Giveaway is Tisha. Congratulations!
We’ve celebrated this month leading up to Earth Day with over 30 wonderful, earth-friendly tips from kitchen design professionals (especially from our own BLANCO Design Council members). For us, this was an exercise to demonstrate that every day is a day to celebrate the planet and to think about how we can do more, in small, simple ways to make a big difference for the future, for our children and for ourselves. Being Green is something that BLANCO as a company thinks about everyday:
- Using emission-free renewable power to reduce our carbon footprint
- Using the latest energy-saving exhaust air technology, returning heat energy to production
- Reducing water consumption to less than the half by installing water-cooling technology
- Reducing of production scrap to the minimum using high quality raw materials, computer controlled mixing machinery, optimized processes and production facilities
- Purchasing from ecological evaluated suppliers
- Prohibiting use of CFC- and CHC-chasteners
- Permanently reducing oil consumption and CO² emission within the last 5 years
It seemed appropriate to end this post on Earth Day with a couple inspirational quotes from great designers.
No house should ever be on a hill or on anything. It should be of the hill. Belonging to it. Hill and house should live together each the happier for the other.
Frank Lloyd Wright
Less is More
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe