For #InStyleTour 2012, we developed a model of a luxury city apartment featuring Blanco products and Giovanni DeCunto’s art work for our (virtual) client/muse, the sophisticated gentleman and talented actor, Mr. Daniel Craig.
The project was inspired by the parallels between the characteristics of a sophisticated gentleman and Blanco today. Additionally, inspiration came from artist Giovanni DeCunto’s new collection and how it speaks to our sophisticated clientele who are dedicated to their artful lifestyles.
The self-made, sophisticated gentleman chooses Blanco products in the kitchen for three main reasons which I’ve outlined below.
1. Integrity. Courteous and kind; hence, a man distinguished for fine sense of honor, strict regard for his obligations, and consideration for the rights and feelings of others. A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior. This is the code of the sophisticated gentleman.
Family-owned BLANCO commits itself to respect ethical business principles and since 1994 has been a member of the Caux Round Table (CRT), an international network of principled business leaders and companies working to promote a moral capitalism. They are recognized as a world leader in quality, innovation and unsurpassed service.
2. Well-equipped. The sophisticated gentleman demands precision and excellence from the design elements and technology he surrounds himself with. This is never more important than in the kitchen. He looks for superior products and appliances with a commercial look and strong physical features.
Blanco products, especially the specific models I’ve included, are well suited for the sophisticated male. All are organized with systems and processes that result in time savings, high function and contribute to the healthy lifestyle the sophisticated gentleman has so diligently designed.
3. Modern aesthetic. Our sophisticated gentleman is an art lover. He gravitates to art. He is informed by art. He surrounds himself with art. He pursues an artful lifestyle. He sees art within the design elements and technology that surround him. He demands precision and excellence from both.
From sleek faucets to handsome sinks, each of Blanco’s kitchen products are designed with a distinct modern look which appeals to the sophisticated gentleman.
For the sophisticated gentleman’s luxury city apartment model I chose five Blanco products which fit within the above criteria.
1. MircroEdge Blanco Flow. Featuring revolutionary MicroEdge® technology, BLANCO FLOW is more than a sink – it’s an architectural element. Gleaming stainless steel blends seamlessly with the countertop, creating the illusion of flushmount installation, from BLANCO STEELART®.
2. BLANCO ALTA™ Pullout Kitchen Faucet w/ Dual Spray. It features a modern, geometric design, streamlined spout and sleek, single-lever handle.
3. BLANCO Crystalline Single Bowl w/ Tray compact. Its hideaway design offers up clean lines, contemporary details, innovative features and premium quality. The integrated glass functions as a cutting board, visually hiding the sink while creating valuable counterspace in tight kitchen spaces. It’s easy to maintain, multifaceted with its integrated safety glass cover and functional details that respond to today’s kitchen trends.
I also love that it’s engineered for smaller spaces. Small metropolitan kitchens have always lacked in space. With CRYSTALLINE, there’s no reason why the space-deficient kitchen should suffer in either design or function.
4. BLANCO LINUS™ Pullout w/ Dual Spray. It pairs well with the Crystalline sink.
5. BLANCO SOLON™ Compost System. This earth-friendly feature contributes to healthy lifestyle that the sophisticated gentleman maintains.
About the #InStyleTour 2012
A select group of designer/bloggers gathered for our #InStyleTour 2012, a very special celebration of inspiration and excellence in art and design held on October 2nd. The two-part event was sponsored by Blanco and artist Giovanni DeCunto. Read more about #InStyleTour on the Andie Day Lifestyle Blog.