Chef Matthew Borowski of the M Resort in Las Vegas recently demonstrated how to make pepper crusted ahi tuna for Modenus BlogTour Vegas during Design & Construction Week. The event was part of the BLANCO ONE sink launch. Visit our website to learn more about this exciting new product that lets you personalize your sink!
And thank you to Chef Borowski who is sharing his secret recipe for this delicious appetizer with us here.
- Furikaki (sesame and nori seasoning)
- Cracked Black Peppercorns
- Ahi Tuna Loin
- Clarified Butter
- Mix the furikaki 80% and the pepper 20% mix, roll the tuna loin in the mix and encrust on all sides.
- Heat pan on a medium high heat, add butter and sear all sides on the tuna 45 seconds per side, taking care not to burn the tuna just sear.
Soy Glaze Ingredients:
- Mirin Rice Wine
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- In a pot combine mirin, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and sugar, bring to a boil and reduce mixture until it beings to caramelize in color.
- Remove from heat and strain product through a chinois then add soy sauce, place on an ice bath to cool, sauce is best when at room temperature.
Cut strips of wonton and fry till a golden brown
- Slice tuna to desired thickness and plate add your soy glaze, fried wontons and a touch of sea salt and enjoy. ( you can finish w/ a finishing oil such as lemon oil or what you may prefer)