BLANCO’s wood cutting boards make the perfect accessory for prepping for a Cinco de Mayo party. Wood cutting boards are beautiful and convenient but must be cleaned and maintained correctly to ensure that they last.
Here are a few great tips for cleaning your wood cutting boards:
- Keep your cutting board clean by washing it with dish soap and water directly after each use (Note: NEVER put wood cutting boards in the dishwasher or submerge fully in water, this will cause the wood to absorb the water and split or crack).
- Be sure to dry the cutting board thoroughly after rinsing.
- Avoid prepping any kind of raw meat on a wood cutting board.
- Remove stains by sprinkling coarse salt or baking soda on the cutting board and scrubbing out the stain with a sponge dipped in hot water.
- Deodorize with white vinegar. Keep a spray bottle filled with white vinegar and use it to regularly spray down a cutting board. The vinegar will neutralize odors while working as an all-natural disinfectant.
- To preserve the life of your wood cutting board, wipe it down with mineral oil, sunflower oil once per month to keep the wood conditioned and avoid drying out and splitting.